How can we improve Fonts.com?

Make carousel navigation continuous on hover, rather than requiring multiple clicks

Would be nice if the horizontal scroll (on new releases, categories, etc) was more fluid, as in– if it didn't go one-by-one, as that requires a lot of clicking to scan through to see what's available.

Otherwise, at first glance this is a great improvement! Love the grid and open feel. Look forward to seeing the site become "official."

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JessicaJessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeffJeff commented  · 

I find "scroll-on-hover" to be generally a horribly annoying behavior. Hover does not denote intent the way a click does. The problem—that it requires too many clicks—may be a legit complaint, but the proposed solution—to scroll on hover—sounds like an iffy one to me. If you want to see more than 4 at a time, I think clicking the "View More..." link is the way to do it. If hovering on the right-arrow scrolls the content, I'd recommend at least a 4 second delay before it starts, and prefer the current implementation over a "hover to scroll" implementation. (Just my 2 cents!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base